Wednesday, April 25, 2007

2006 Web 2.0 Awards

I chose the 2006 Web Award winners, because after a glance at the Webware site I knew I would be playing with that stuff for far longer than the 30 minutes I had planned to use for this lesson. I am actually planning on adding them to my favorites both at home and at work

Both sites have a lot to offer. I found so many interesting sites I am just going to pick out the highlights. I really enjoyed the 43 things immensely. Is there anything cooler than lists of people's opinions? I think not! Personally I adore lists, and polls, and taking tests. But this site definitely tops the list for fun and interesting things.

Another site I enjoyed was Music Strands, I always have an ear out for new and interesting music of all genres. I thought all the music sites were interesting - more than I am going to have to look at. I find it very, very helpful to at least KNOW what bands are popular, even if they are not my type of music. Music tends to be one of the things our patrons find most difficult to search for - and knowing that Snow Patrol is a band and not the title of a book on mountain rescue crews can be very helpful.

And I can't go by without an honorable mention for Zwillow. For all the faults it has, it is simply fascinating. I would recommend it to patrons, even though it is NOT the be-all and end-all of home valuations - it gives a good ballpark idea of what homes are worth in a given area.





No comments:

Nemo on the Sofa

Nemo on the Sofa
And you can't make me....

Weather Search Engine

Home away From Home

Home away From Home

About Me

If you want to know more about me, or see my other blogs, click on my profile, or click the links to VG Random; my main blog.