Wednesday, May 2, 2007

E-Audio Books

I actually have played around with the OverDrive software, just because it is available to burn to CD.

Being one of the wretched, the musically enhanced, yes, that's right iPod owners, I hoped to be able to finagle my way into transferring it onto my POD. (I call it the POD, as sort of a nickname. Because when I use it, I am a POD person.)

I was able to burn the book to disc, and then transfer it onto my POD, however, there were no bookmarks. This meant that as long as I didn't have to charge my iPOD, everything was fine, but once I had to charge - back to the beginning. It wasn't un-do-able, it was just a pain.

It would have been great to take even HALF of the books on tape we lugged up to Alaska and back on an MP3 player instead of plastic boxes. It didn't happen this time.

I have to help patrons with the e-audio all the time, which helps me to be familiar with what we have. I am looking forward to having and MP3 player I can put books on tape on - that will be awesome!

No comments:

Nemo on the Sofa

Nemo on the Sofa
And you can't make me....

Weather Search Engine

Home away From Home

Home away From Home

About Me

If you want to know more about me, or see my other blogs, click on my profile, or click the links to VG Random; my main blog.