Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Final Thoughts

There are so many excellent web 2.0 tools out there I don't think there is any way they could all be covered. I think it did a good job of covering the basics, and a little beyond.

One of the things I may go play around with is backpack.
A place for keeping lists of lists, kind of.
As a list maker, I think this is FABULOUS.

I also think that it's important for staff to learn about these tools, so we can keep our patrons informed. Did I mention I thought it would be interesting and helpful to have a version of the 27 things for patrons?

I still think that a staff book review blog that patrons could access would be excellent. By genre.

All I can say is I found it rewarding, and I learned a lot even when I was helping someone else.

I have to say, I'm a little sad it's the end of the Things.

I hope there are plans for a refresher in a year or so, to see what's new, and what's changed.
Or maybe just a place for us to go as staff, and tell other staff, "look at this new cool thing".

No comments:

Nemo on the Sofa

Nemo on the Sofa
And you can't make me....

Weather Search Engine

Home away From Home

Home away From Home

About Me

If you want to know more about me, or see my other blogs, click on my profile, or click the links to VG Random; my main blog.