Monday, April 23, 2007

Zoho & Google Applications

ZOHO

Zoho was very easy to log in and use. There were a lot of choices for word processing. It almost seemed as if Zoho had more choices and options. I would have to spend an extended amount of time using it to find them all.
GOOGLE

Google was also easy to log in and use, particularly since I already have an account set up. The word processing software was more similar to word, and also simpler to use.


Of course, either of these would be great for a lot of reasons.
It would be an option if a patron forgot a drive to save a document on .
As already stated, a way for a few people, or even a group, to work on a document from various sites.
Also for people who don't have computers at home.
Or for someone who only needs specific software, like spreadsheets etc. on on occasional basis.
The longer I think about it, the more I love the idea that this software is available, for free. It puts word processing and databases and spreadsheets in the hands of everyone, not just those who can afford it. It makes sharing documents easy. What's not to like?
Although - pessimist that I am, I would hesitate to write my epic novel using such software.
But, very cool.

No comments:

Nemo on the Sofa

Nemo on the Sofa
And you can't make me....

Weather Search Engine

Home away From Home

Home away From Home

About Me

If you want to know more about me, or see my other blogs, click on my profile, or click the links to VG Random; my main blog.