Thursday, March 29, 2007

del.icio.us

The ability to gather all my bookmarked sites together in one easy to use pile is very handy, and I have already gotten my own account. I am online every day, and like most of us who are, I have sites that I visit daily, some I visit once a week or so, and some (like sites with, for example, mouldering cheese on video) monthly.

I can see this as a good tool for anyone doing extended research for a project. As a writer, I do a lot of research and sometimes I'll run across a site I might not want to add to my lengthy list of favorites, but also don't want to plow through three pages of a Google search to find at a future date. Del.icio.us is a perfect spot for it. I have already added a few of those sites to my personal account.

I can also see where this might be useful for students researching projects, or even for myself - I am doing a mystery book display, and change my theme every three or four weeks. This would be a handy place to gather all the mystery websites I have found helpful without having to put them on our shared favorites page.

Also handy for us as a researching tool - putting all those websites we find helpful together for easy access (especially as my favorite websites may not be the same as my co-workers).

No comments:

Nemo on the Sofa

Nemo on the Sofa
And you can't make me....

Weather Search Engine

Home away From Home

Home away From Home

About Me

If you want to know more about me, or see my other blogs, click on my profile, or click the links to VG Random; my main blog.