Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Space

I actually have a "personal" MySpace, as opposed to my work MySpace.

My older niece talked me into getting one, and then my younger niece wanted one. Since my sister is not particularly techno-inclined, she asked me to keep an eye on my younger niece's site. The best things about it have been keeping in touch with my nieces and nephew. The older ones are in their 20's and we don't see them often often. I've also re-connected with a few people I went school with - which has been fun. Many people my age are not on MySpace.

As a music fan, I have also discovered several interesting indie and unsigned bands, and joined a few special interest groups as well.

I think it would be a good way for libraries to connect with teens, especially younger teens. The demographic is shifting downward, age-wise as these things do. Who knows what the next big social site for high school and college age students will be at this point.

No comments:

Nemo on the Sofa

Nemo on the Sofa
And you can't make me....

Weather Search Engine

Home away From Home

Home away From Home

About Me

If you want to know more about me, or see my other blogs, click on my profile, or click the links to VG Random; my main blog.